Friday, December 3, 2010

The Great Network

Hello; Blessings to you from central Minnesota! 

Yesterday I took my brother who is blind to the doctor.  The sidewalks were layered with ice and snow, so he could not use his white cane.  He hung on to me, grabbing my elbow the best he could.  At one time he “lost” me; his thick gloves impeded him from holding on tight.  As I looked back I could see that he was really lost, in total darkness, not knowing which way to go.  His blindness is so total that I have found myself acknowledging the reality:  he is blind all the time, not just for this or for that!  (What must that be like!!)

A debility like blindness opens up to me the great world of our interdependence.  I chose a picture of a spider web for my blog because it expresses so well how one part depends on/sustains the other parts.  I also like the fact that no part of the web is more or less important than any other part!  When I am in darkness for not knowing or for not being able, I thank God for my sisters and brothers who can help me out.  Actually, our great and wonderful Creator-Sustainer arranges this great network.  May God be praised!

No comments:

Post a Comment