Friday, December 10, 2010

CAN THAT BABY BE GOD INCARNATE?

Sometimes people say, “I don’t believe in a personal God”.  What I understand them to say is that they don’t believe there is a God who can love or think or enjoy. . . .   They may be imagining that God is some HUGE POWER and that’s it.
My question is:  “If I can love and think and enjoy, why couldn’t  God?”  I do believe that God is a very personal entity – more “personal” than I can imagine.
People are now setting up their Christmas cribs to bring attention to the Baby most of all.  My faith tells me that at one point in history God (the Word of God) was made flesh, starting as a baby – receiving love and responding lovingly, learning and beginning to think, enjoying his environment, and even crying to let his needs be known.  The wonder of Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment