Monday, January 24, 2011

Splendid Differences

I used to wear a uniform. I wore it for about twenty years. It is called a habit. Now I dress with a variety of clothing and colors that show what mood I'm in.

As I looked around in Chapel this morning at the endless variety with which the Sisters dress, I praised God for the delightful differences among us Sisters, the splendor of God's glory shining through.

I have noticed that the snowflakes also carry this fullness of the richness and the generosity of our Creator. Each snowflake is different! Have you checked this out? I shall carry in my memory the image of one snowflake I got to see the other day sitting so prettily in its purity on my green winter coat sleeve: the crystal perfectly made, and unique in its tiny splendor. The trillions of all the other snowflakes lift my spirit into the wonder of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment